Adult Supervision Requirements:
A ratio of 1 adult supervisor for every 5 children/youths is required. One adult supervisor is required for every ten students aged 13 to 15 years and one adult supervisor is required for every fifteen students aged 16 to 18 years. Please divide your group into smaller sub-groups each with an adult supervisor. Please make sure your small group stays together at all times.
- Why we ask you not to touch. Works of art and artifacts are fragile. The slightest touch can harm them. When we touch something we leave behind fingerprints. Fingerprints contain oils and acids that eat away at surfaces. The touch of one fingerprint may not seem like much, but it can cause a lot of damage.
- Backpacks and large bags can cause damage to art and artifacts in museums. They are also a security risk. Please leave them in the coat room.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums. No gum, please.
- Please walk in the museum, especially when using the stairs (no running).
- Respect each other, your tours guides and other visitors in the museum.
- Take caution when entering and exiting the museums.
- Please use quiet, indoor voices.
- Listen to the Lacombe & District Historical Society Staff – they are here to make your visit enjoyable, educational and fun! They are very helpful if you are lost, have a question or if you forget one of the rules listed above.
These rules help make everybody’s visit an enjoyable experience and at the same time help protect the artifacts for future visitors. Any visitor who shows repeated disregard for the above guidelines may be asked to leave.