For an annual contribution of $2000, you can symbolically adopt our Sports Memorabilia Collection, currently on display at the Flatiron Buidling, Gary Moe Sportsplex and in storage in the Archives and support our ongoing conservation work to one of the major collections in our holdings.
Collection includes, but is not limited to the following:
- 1930 – 1940 Hockey Sweater worn by George Brooks – White with ‘LAC’ and jersey number ‘0’
- 1930 – 1940 Hockey Sweater worn by George Brooks – Black with ‘L’ and jersey number ‘2’
- 1920 Hockey Sweater worn by Frank Raymond – and jersey number ‘3’
- JETS Baseball Sweater
- 1950’s Mens Curling Sweater worn by James Graham Douglas – Grey
- 1950’s Leather baseball glove which belonged to Lawrence Proudfoot
- 2 Curling Rocks
- Wooden ski’s
- Numerous Trophies to Lacombe sporting teams from early 1900s to 1970’s
- Lacombe Curling Club Commemorative Coin 70th Bonspiel, 1944-2014
Following the Canadian Conservation Institute Guidelines, structurally sound textile items may be hanged on acid-free buffered hangers, inside individual buffered cotton garment bags. Items that are fragile, or heavily decorated, or with weak shoulder seam are to be stored flat in acid-free boxes, unfolded and wrapped in acid-free, buffered tissue paper.
Conservation work required includes purchasing and installing relative humidity monitoring systems & purchasing and creating proper textile storage for jerseys and other textiles in the collection, as well as for mixed media items (metals, wood, leathers, etc) in the Lacombe Archives.