Be a relevant & integrated asset that provides value to individual members, organizations & businesses in the community of Lacombe and Lacombe County by providing programs & services directly to the public through the operation of two Museums and a community archives in Lacombe.
The Lacombe & District Historical Society’s (L&DHS) mission is to collect, preserve, interpret and exhibit the history and heritage of the City of Lacombe and Lacombe County for the benefit of the local communities by adhering to the standards and best practices for preserving history.
As the governance body of the Lacombe Museums, the Lacombe & District Historical Society’s (LDHS) primary purpose is to collect, preserve, interpret and exhibit the history and heritage of the City of Lacombe and Lacombe County. As a non-profit charitable organization, the society provides programs and services directly to the public through the operation of two Museums and a community archives in Lacombe, Alberta.
- The Michener House Museum
- Blacksmith Shop Museum
The Lacombe & District Historical Society shall be independent in pursuing these purposes, but will co-operate with any and all agencies, public or private, and with interested individuals who share in the same purposes.
To this end, the Society shall, to the extent of its ability and resources:
- Encourage the acquisition of articles of historical note and the restoration, preservation and display of such articles for the benefit of the public.
- Seek grants and other forms of assistance from all levels of government for the acquisition, restoration, and maintenance of historical sites.
- Encourage public participation in the preservation of our heritage through activity in the Society, donations of money, and donations of artifacts, historic documents, photographs, paintings, etc.
- Promote public awareness of our history and the contribution of our forebears.
- Make our community aware of the need to preserve reminders of our past and our heritage.
- Recruit suitable and capable people to ensure the leadership and personnel necessary to attain these objectives.
- Carry on such other activities in relation to the foregoing as may be deemed advisable.