Visiting us during the Pandemic
Effective December 13, 2020 the Lacombe Museums are closed until further notice due to current health restrictions in Alberta. Check back soon.
Visitors are asked to please follow this code of conduct:
Note that starting September 8th, 2020, masks are mandatory for all visitors age 5 and older.
Do not visit the Lacombe Museum or our heritage sites if you are feeling unwell;
Follow physical distancing protocols (2 meters/6 feet) between visitors (with the exception of immediate family members residing in the same household);
Stay together with your group as you move through the exhibits;
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer throughout the facilities;
Ask for assistance to make a shop purchase;
Use non-cash payment types;
Limit personal belongings brought into the museums
Tours and events
- Effective December 13, 2020 the Lacombe Museums are closed until further notice due to current health restrictions in Alberta. Check back soon;
- When we are open, we are able to facilitate private tours with members of the same household;
- Please prebook your tour to allow our team time to prepare for your visit.
Information collected in our booking form will be collected as part of the LDHS’s Covid-19 Response Plan. This information may be used to contact visitors in the event a visitor or staff member tests positive for Covid-19, or provided to Alberta Health Services should they need to provide necessary public health guidance to the LDHS in the event a visitor or staff member tests positive for Covid-19. Unused information will be destroyed after two weeks. The collection and protection of the personal information collected for this purpose is done so under the guidelines of the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
Cleaning and Personal Safety
- Washrooms are closed until further notice;
- Public spaces, displays and seating are cleaned at regular intervals;
- Please provide feedback to staff on how we can better serve you during this time.
The staff at the Lacombe Museums continue to monitor their own health on a daily basis. Should a member of the staff exhibit any symptoms or be in contact with anyone who is showing symptoms related to COVID-19, they immediately self-isolate for 14 days and alert health care professionals.