Lacombe Sports Hall of Fame
In celebration of the Allan Cup being held in April, 2019 in Lacombe at the Gary Moe Sportsplex, the Lacombe & District Historical Society is preparing a Sports Hall of Fame with some of our favourite images from the Michener House Museum & Archives.
The Lacombe Sports Hall of Fame will include photos, bammers and posters showcasing our rich history in sports; Lacrosse, soccer, baseball, skating and curling were among the early sports that were popular prior to the 1900s.
The temporary exhibit will be on display from April 7th to 14th at the Gary Moe Sportsplex.
Lacrosse, soccer, baseball, skating and curling were among the early sports that were popular prior to the 1900s. Hockey and skating started out on outdoor rinks till the first rink was built in 1900.
The project will highlight the achievements of members of the community showing some of our very best.
Exhibit on display: April 2019
Thank You to our Funding Partners
Past Themes & Exhibits
- Lacombe Community Memory Project
- Catalysts for Change: Local Women and the Suffrage Movement
- The Origins of Lacombe's Dutch Community
- WWI Lest We Forget: Our Brave Hearts 1914-1918
- I Love Main Street
- Curling in Lacombe
- Prairie Puzzles
- Gull Lake's early years
- The Girl Guides Through Time
- Celebrating 110 years of History: The Lacombe Police Service
- A History of Dairy Farming in Lacombe
- Christmas Village Installation
- Winter Sports in Lacombe
- Pioneers and significant people in Lacombe’s history
- Renovation of the Flatiron Building
- The Fires of Lacombe